Join our Club
The REA is growing in strength each year on the reputation of Columbia's top-ranking Real Estate MBA program and currently has over 140 student members. Its close ties to faculty and alumni of the business school and industry leaders complement the academic experience at Columbia.
- Log on to CBS Groups
- Under links, select "Student Club Sign-Up"
- Check box next to "Real Estate Association", choose membership type and hit button to join
- Enter your payment information.
- You will be emailed a confirmation of the clubs that you have just joined.
Only members of the club have access to REA events and resources. You must be enrolled in the Business School to become part of the club. If you have any questions about the REA, please contact any Club Officer.
A sampling of student-run educational events for the 2016-2017 Academic Year:
- Real Estate Association Full-day Career Supercharger 1: Real Estate Overview
- Real Estate Association Full-day Career Supercharger 2: Real Estate Careers
- Investment Banking
- Investment Management
- Private Equity
- Real Estate Association Full-day Career Supercharger 3: Real Estate Valuation Modeling
- Argus Training
- Take Home Acquisitions Case Study
- Waterfall Modeling Exercise
- Career Guidance
- Educational Panels
- Real Estate Workshops
- REA Alumni Mentorship Program
- Acquisition Diligence Review (Tentative)
- Real Estate Legal Overview (Tentative)
Visit our Events page for more detail.
The Career Management Center at Columbia provides access to Career Coaches (alumni) and Career Fellows (second-year students) who offer in-depth advice about real estate recruiting.
Our club pairs second-year students with first-year students to get up to speed with the real estate program as well as the recruiting process. We also assemble a club member resume book and distribute it to Real Estate companies.
The Columbia Business School Real Estate Association and the Paul Milstein Center for Real Estate co-host an Annual Real Estate Career Forum during the spring semester.
Real Estate Competitions are a practical complement to coursework at Columbia.
CBS will participate in the following competitions this year:
- Kellogg Real Estate Venture Competition
- UNC Real Estate Development Challenge
- MIT "The Case" Real Estate Competition
- UT-Austin National Real Estate Challenge
For more information, contact our VP of Competitions.
2016-2017 Real Estate Courses & Instructors
The MBA Real Estate Program builds upon the strengths of Columbia Business School’s top-ranking MBA program, providing students an unparalleled opportunity to expand their entrepreneurial skills while specializing in real estate finance and investment management. As real estate is both a physical and a financial product, with transactions taking place in local space as well as global asset markets, the MBA Real Estate Program emphasizes an interdisciplinary blend of theory and practice, providing students with not only solid real estate fundamentals, but also critical thinking, complex problem-solving, and both written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced Seminar in Real Estate, Instructors: Russell Platt and Michelle Felman
- Global Real Estate Investment, Instructor: Camille J. Douglas
- Real Estate Capital Markets, Instructor: Brad Wildauer
- Real Estate Entrepreneurship, Instructor: Joseph F. Azrack '72
- Real Estate Finance, Instructors: Tomasz Piskorski and Brian Lancaster
- Real Estate M&A and Restructuring Deals Workshop, Instructors: Yoel Kranz, John Haggerty, and Gil Menna
- Real Estate Portfolio Management, Instructor: Michael Giliberto
- Real Estate Project Class, Instructor: Andrew Jacobs '96
- Real Estate Transactions, Instructors: Jennifer Morgan and Richard Wolfe
- Social Impact Real Estate Investing and Development, Instructor: Rachel Diller '99
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Investment Banking Tax Factors
- Managerial Negotiations
- Tax Factors in Business Decisions or Taxes and Business Strategy
To learn more about the Real Estate program, click here.